On July 28th, you can follow alongside this recipe during the Ice Cream Social Instagram live using Forager Project products. Want a coupon? Click here to get a discount off your first purchase.
There is no perfect way to plate your dish and the only thing you'll have to bake are these simply shortcake biscuits. If you prefer not to bake, I recommend you use pound cake.
What you'll need:
- Strawberries, sliced or diced
- Forager Project Frozen Dessert
- Strawberry Sauce or Jam
- Graham Crackers, crumbled
- Garnishes (I love using microgreens and mini flowers, but you can use whatever youd like)
- A spoon to eat!
Vegan Shortcake Biscuits
- 1 cup Unsweetened plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups Unbleached all purpose flour, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup Fine Caster Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter, very cold, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 440°F
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt and baking powder.
- Add the cubed, cold vegan butter and rub it in with your fingers until the entire mix is crumbly.
- Add in the sugar.
- Mix the apple cider vinejar with the plant bassed milk and allow to curdle into buttermilk.
- Once it curdles, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Mix until it forms into a dough. Make sure not to over mix.
- Flour a surface and add the dough ontop, make sure to add flour onto your hands as well to avoid sticking.
- Using little manipulation, roll out the dough into an 1" rectangle.
- Use a cookie cutter, mold or even a cup to cut out the dough.
- Place the cut out discs onto a greased baking tray. Make sure each disc slightly touches eachother.
- Brush the top of the shortcakes with plant based milk and then place into the oven and bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
The Pantry Press Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.